Key Stage 3 and 4 Exam Results 2011
Posted on: Wednesday 14th May 2014
Please note that the date of this post is wrong. The original published date was August 2011.
Key Stage 3
Key Stage 4
Year 11 pupils at Stanwell School have once again enjoyed outstanding achievements at GCSE level. Forty eight pupils achieved 10 A grades or better, with the following 11 pupils being awarded 9 A* grades or more:
- Aimee Brinn (11 A* grades)
- Jack Edgeworth (10 A* grades & 1 A grade)
- Joseph Keenan (10 A* grades & 1 A grade)
- Frankie Law (10 A* grades & 1 A grade)
- Isabella MacGregor (10 A* grades & 1 A grade)
- Harry McDonough (10 A* grades & 1 A grade)
- Charles Fear (10 A* grades & 1 B grade)
- Laura Elder (9 A* grades & 2 A grades)
- Zoe Harries (9 A* grades & 2 A grades)
- Adam Jones (9 A* grades & 2 A grades)
- Bethan Morgan (9 A* grades & 2 A grades)
The percentage of A* grades achieved by pupils has risen this year to 13% and overall more than 1000 entries were graded A* or A , which equates to 35% of all entries. A record number of 239 Stanwell pupils achieved 5 or more level 2 passes (87%). The average points per pupil of 515 is equivalent to over 9 A grades for every pupil in the year group.
The success of pupils was widespread across the curriculum, with the A* & A grades exceeding 30% of the entry for 15 departments. Equally impressive were the achievements of pupils who studied vocational qualifications in partnership with Cardiff and the Vale and the Military Preparation Colleges.
Year 11 Tutor Mr Barry Crompton was quick to praise the commitment and efforts of the pupils and added that they should all be very proud of their achievements.
The Chair of Governors, Mr Tony Rogers, was present to witness the elation experienced by so many and commented that “the success enjoyed by Stanwell pupils is testimony to the support of parents and the commitment of school staff in ensuring all pupils were able to fulfil their potential.”
Our previous article was: A Level Results 2011 →