Key Stage 3 and 4 Exam Results 2013
Posted on: Thursday 15th May 2014
Please note that the date of this post is wrong. The original published date was August 2013.
Key Stage 3
Key Stage 4
Year 11 pupils at Stanwell School have once again enjoyed outstanding achievements at GCSE level. Seventy-three pupils achieved 10 A grades or better, with the following 12 pupils being awarded 10 A* grades or more:
- Jack Davies (15 A* grades & 1 Distinction)
- Rebecca Te Water Naude (14 A* grades & 1 Distinction)
- Imogen Sibert (13 A* grades, 1 A grade & 1 Distinction)
- Megan Wookey (12 A* grades, 2 A grades & 1 Distinction)
- Matilda Crack (12 A* grades & 4 A grades)
- Emma Donovan (12 A* grades, 3 A grades & 1 Distinction)
- Nils Deeg (11 A* grades, 4 A grades & 1 Distinction)
- Emily Thomas (11 A* grades, 3 A grades & 1 Distinction)
- Balaji Krishna (11 A* grades & 3 A grades)
- Seren Robinson (11 A* grades, 3 A grades & 1 B grade)
- Jay Kapuria (10 A* grades, 4 A grades & 1 Distinction)
- Alexandra Wagstaff (10 A* grades, 4 A grades & 1 C grade)
Rebecca Te Water Naude & Jack Davies, two highly successful students who accumulated a total of 29 A* grades between them.
The percentage of GCSE A* grades achieved by pupils this year was 14% and overall more than 1549 entries were graded A* or A, which equates to 36% of all entries. A record number of 291 Stanwell pupils achieved 5 or more Level 2 passes (94%). Furthermore, 65% of the year group attained 10 or more Level 2 passes. The average points per pupil of 663 is equivalent to over 11 A* grades for every pupil in the year group.
The success of pupils was widespread across the curriculum, with the A* & A grades exceeding 30% of the entry for 19 subjects.
Particularly pleased with the students’ achievements were the Mathematics and History departments with 78 and 57 A* grades respectively.
Equally impressive were the achievements of pupils who studied vocational qualifications in partnership with Cardiff and the Vale College and the Military Preparation School.
Headteacher Congratulates Students
Head Teacher, Mr Derek Jones, commented “I would like to congratulate the pupils, parents and staff on the exceptional GCSE results this year. It was pleasing to see the joy on the students’ faces when they achieved the required grades to enable them to follow their chosen post-16 route, with the majority returning to Stanwell’s Sixth Form in September.”
Year 11 Tutor, Mr Barry Crompton, said “It is a delight to see the hard work of the pupils rewarded, with so many achieving their potential and obtaining high grades. The Key Stage 4 pastoral team have enjoyed working with this year group and wish them all continued success in the future.”
GCSE Results Summary
Please find a copy of the GCSE Results Summary.
Our previous article was: A Level Results 2012 →