- Curriculum Overview
Stanwell's Curriculum Vision
Our curriculum celebrates subject specialism and encourages learners to explore the natural links that occur within and across all areas of learning. We value and promote diversity, inclusion and equality. Classroom learning is supported by a broad and rich range of enrichment activities including sports, culture & the arts along with an extensive range of educational trips and visits.
We deliver the National Curriculum at key stage 3 and 4 and fulfil the requirements of the Learning and Skills (Wales) Measure 2009.
At Key Stage 3 (Years 7 & 8) the school curriculum consists of:
- Core subjects: English, Welsh, mathematics, science and religious education
- Non-core subjects: Modern foreign languages, design technology, ICT, history, geography, art, music, drama, physical education, careers and the world of work & PSE
At Key Stage 4 (Years 9,10 & 11) the school curriculum consists of:
- Compulsory subjects: English language and English literature, Welsh second language, mathematics & numeracy, science, religious education, physical education, careers and the world of work & PSE
- A broad range of academic and vocational courses leading to external qualifications
At Key Stage 5 (Years 12 & 13) the school curriculum consists of:
- A broad range of courses leading to external qualifications
- Students follow the Welsh Baccalaureate Qualification (WBQ) careers and the world of work & PSE